Her stylists, New York based sisters Ogo and Chichi Offodile, have done a brilliant job in taking Solange's style as far away from her sister as possible, a hard feat to achieve given how bloody brilliant Beyonce is. Here is just a selection of some of my favourite Solange looks...
So, how can you get Solange's look? Here's my tips on how to 'Achieve the Look' below:
1) Make use of the tailored suit trend. You may think it won't work but it will - the high street offers a wide range of styles suited to every shape and size. If in doubt, try your suit with shorts rather than trousers.
2) Block colour, block colour, block colour. As a redhead I stray as far away from neon pink as I can but find that emerald greens and blues suit me as I have green eyes. Take your hair colour, skin colour and eye colour into account when choosing your block colour - trust me there will be a colour which suits you!
3) Don't be afraid to pair a strong outfit with bright lipstick. Solange proves this rule can indeed be broken.
4) The clutch bag can be your outfits best friend. Note how Solange always sports a clutch - you can find similar clutches from Zara. See my favourite Solange esque clutch here.
5) Don't be afraid of pattern clashing. This trend dominated the catwalk throughout 2012 and I don't foresee it dying down anytime soon. Solange proves this albeit tricky trend can be pulled off, just pair with simple accessories and make-up and you're good to go.
You can shop Solange's look by visiting ASOS Africa line, which has all the hallmarks of archetypal African styling, from batik dyed shorts to bright poppy colours and I reckon Solange would be all up in that. Zara also stock various Solange esque outfits, so pop in to see what gems you can find!
Finally, click here for my favourite Solange tune off her recent album - it's a corker and the styling and cinematography of the video A-MAY-ZING. I'd also fully recommend her new album "True" - with such a unique sound and voice, she is arguably the female Frank Ocean and will be one to watch in 2013.
What do you think of Solange's style?